View Our Side-By-Side ecommerce Platform Comparison Chart Below
You would not be able to operate your online store without an eCommerce platform. This is the software on which you build and run your online business. It is critical for other reasons, as well.
When you lease an eCommerce platform instead of building one of your own from scratch, you avoid the significant costs of developing, supporting and keeping the software up to date. The cost of developing an eCommerce website can range from $10,000 to upwards of $500,000 depending on the features you need, the company that builds it and the sales and traffic goals you set.
Leasing an eCommerce platform from a provider, on the other hand, is cost-effective, requires less financial investment and is easier to deploy.
Your eCommerce platform provides the tools you need to operate your website without requiring an advanced level of knowledge about web development. The majority of eCommerce platforms make it super easy to run your website with drag and drop functions.
Most eCommerce platforms will not cost you a fortune. They give you the option to scale up to a software package that provides more technical assistance, premium features, integrations and add-ons. However, you do not have to upgrade to the pricier package if you do not need it. In this sense, you can truly spend according to your company’s individual needs and budget.
At the same time, leasing an eCommerce platform spares you and your team from the time and resources that running your own demand, freeing you to focus on running your business. Matters such as security, web hosting, payment gateway, and software updates are taken care of for you. In this way, eCommerce platforms are low maintenance.
The only real challenge is choosing the right platform for your individual company’s needs and budget. View our side-by-side comparison chart below outlining the advantages & disadvantages of each so you can pick the best one for your business.
BigCommerce ecommerce Platform
This open software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ranks number 1 among mid-market and enterprise brands for the sophisticated customizability and flexibility it offers. It is headless, allowing you to deploy rapid updates without impacting your back-end system.
- Highly flexible APIs
- Low total cost of ownership
- 100% URL control
- Many built-in features
- Small business and start-up plans
- Higher learning curve
Volusion ecommerce Platform
As an open-source platform, Volusion gives you the ability to modify all aspects of the source code on your website. It offers a one-stop solution to running your online store.
- Unlimited display options
- Powerful inventory management
- Flexible payment options
- Easy order processing
- No add-ons/extra fees
- Templates are difficult to customize
- Limited design features
Shopify ecommerce Platform
This well-funded SaaS platform provider is public and used by many hobbyists, starter stores and brands with SKU counts of less than 100. It offers an enterprise solution called Shopify Plus, as well.
- Fast go-to-market rates
- Easy learning curve
- Visually appealing online store
- App integrations
- Lack of built-in basic eCommerce features
- Restricted API call volume
- High transaction fees for choosing not to use their proprietary point-of-sale (POS)
- URL structure that cannot be fully customized
WooCommerce ecommerce Platform
Users of the open-source WooCommerce platform get a WordPress presence for their brand and a cart solution. It attracts brands that work with developers who are most comfortable with WordPress, bloggers expanding into eCommerce, hobbyists and starter stores.
- Easily customizable through themes
- Large number of official extensions
- Informative analytics
- High level of security
- Adding a large number of plug-ins hampers performance
- Theme customization can be costly
- Store owners are responsible for ongoing maintenance
- Does not fulfill the eCommerce funnel on its own
Wix ecommerce Platform
Ideal for those in the beginning stages of their business, Wix keeps it simple with an intuitive drop-and-drag interface. For this reason, the platform is most often used by small business creatives and entrepreneurs.
- No obligation to get a long-term plan
- Upgraded design templates
- All-in-one solution
- Above-average rates of speed
- No unlimited storage or bandwidth available on any plan
- Lack of apps on app store
- Limited creativity with drop-and-drag designs
- SEO is a hassle
Get A Profit-Driven eCommerce Website
In order to achieve long-term eCommerce success, your online business must have a website that is fully responsive, aesthetically pleasing and functions well on every device. With about 20 years of industry experience, Tag Marketing excels at creating eCommerce websites that are easy for customers to navigate and encourage them to take action.
We focus on the following to ensure your website works hard for your business around the clock:
- Flexible design and layout with room for growth
- Great user experience on both the front-end and backend
- Simple and trackable conversion paths
- Clear messaging and call-to-actions
- Creative content that is SEO’d
- Fast loading across all devices
Your website is your single most valuable tool as an online retailer. Let Tag Marketing utilize your eCommerce site to the fullest to make your company an extremely profitable success.
Get Help Making Your eCommerce Platform A Revenue-Generating Machine!
- WEBSITE TRUST SEALS IMPROVE ECOMMERCE SALES - HERE'S HOW
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEATURES AND BENEFITS: THE KEY TO SELLING
- GOOGLE SHOPPING ADS CASE STUDY